For today’s post I’m sharing my food diary. For one week in a row I listed down everything I ate. As mentioned before, I switched to a 80% vegan lifestyle and with that new lifestyle comes a whole new diet. I used to eat so much eggs, cheese and other dairy products so you can imagine that things have changed.
Since I came up with the idea to track my meals on a Wednesday, we start this post on Wednesday haha. What’s also good to know is that I sometimes practice intermitted fasting. In a nutshell this means that you can eat 8 hours in the day and the other 16 hours you’re fasting. Therefor I sometimes eat my breakfast a bit later. Throughout the day I tend to drink lots of water and tea (I try to drink at least 2 liters per day)
Wednesday is my day off and I always try to workout on this day.
- 10.00 AM: oatmeal with soy milk, banana, wild peach and blueberries + a big cup of black tea
- 12.30 PM: 1 oat milk cappuccino
- 13.00 PM: 1 spelt bun with vegetarian pathé and cucumber
- 17.00 PM: a hand full of unsalted almonds
- 19.00 PM: penne Arrabiata with vegetables and mozzarella
- 11.15 AM: 1 wholewheat pita bread with vegetarian filet American and cucumber + a big cup of black tea
- 14.00 PM: rocket salad with vegan schnitzel, avocado, paprika, tomatoes, wild peach, olives and mozzarella
- 18.30 PM: spaghetti with pesto, zucchini, capers, tomatoes, almonds and mozzarella
- 21.00 PM: few pieces of chocolate
I considered Friday my cheat day. While I tried to eat as healthy as possible in the day, I went all out in the evening lol.
- 09.30 AM: fruit salad (banana, wild peach and blueberries)
- 12.00 PM: 1 spelt bun with cucumber vegetarian filet american on 1 side and vegetarian pathé on the other side + 1 wholewheat cracker with peanut butter and dark chocolate
- 16.00 PM: 1 package of thin corn waffles
- 18.30 PM: 1 whole wheat pita bread with vegan burger + 1 whole wheat pita bread with mozzarella and tomato
- 20.00 PM: chocolate and jelly beans (jelly beans are my absolute guilty pleasure hahaha)
- Drinks: 2 black coffee with soy milk, 1 Heineken 0,0 (alcohol-free)
I played 3 tennis matches on Saturday. Therefor I had a very boring lunch, since I made the sandwiches at home early in the morning to take with me to the court.
- 09.00 AM: two whole wheat loafs of bread with peanut butter
- 10.00 AM: 1 oat milk cappuccino + 1 fresh ginger tea
- 12.00 PM: again 2 peanut butter sandwiches
- 17.00 PM: and again… 2 peanut butter sandwiches 😉
- 20.00 PM: dinner at my tennis club (several dishes such as tomato and mozzarella, salmon and a vegetable dish) + 2 red wine and a white beer
On Sunday I worked out and ordered in dinner in the evening.
- 10.30 AM: oatmeal with banana and wild peach
- 13.30 PM: 1 wholewheat bun with vegetarian pathé + 1 bun with dark chocolate sprinkles
- 17.00 PM: 1 loaf of wholewheat bread with peanut butter (lol my fave)
- 19.00 PM: vegetarian tempeh burrito
- 10.00 AM: oatmeal with banana and wild peach + cup of green tea
- 13.00 PM: 1 wholewheat pita with vegan chicken burger
- 16.30 PM: hand full of unsalted almonds
- 18.00 PM: 1 Starbucks soy iced latte
- 19.30 PM: salad with vegetables and mozzarella + vegan schnitzel
- 21.00 PM: jelly beans (the guilty pleasure strikes again ha)
The last day of this diary.
- 10.45 AM: oatmeal with banana and wild peach + cup of green tea
- 12.00 PM: bottle of protein water
- 13.30 PM: 1 whole wheat bun with organic peanut butter
- 16.15 PM: 1 package of thin corn waffles
- 18.30 PM: vegetable salad with mozzarella
- 20.00 PM: soy mango yoghurt
That’s it for this week’s food diary. I’m thinking of creating the recipes of some of my dishes here on my blog as well. Let me know if there is anything specific you would like me to share. And also let me know if you would like me to share my food diaries more often 🙂